Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for performing administrative tasks and assisting in managing daily business operations of our company including supervising the production floor personnel, purchasing materials to support production, and assisting with inventory control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below once the sales training process is completed (timeframe TBD). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee and coach employees including conducting performance reviews for the assembly team and assisting with hiring Assembly Technicians.
- Create and maintain a production schedule.
- Monitor daily/weekly production goals and communicate to employees and management.
- Create and release work orders to production.
- Troubleshoot problems during the production process to keep production going.
- Maintain a safe working environment by being part of the safety committee and training employees on safety policies and procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and standards.
- Employ 5S standards to ensure a safe and organized shop.
- Order materials and supplies to support production.
- Assisting in inventory management by creating reorder cards, and processing inventory transactions.
- Assisting the Operations Director in daily management
- Assist Warehouse/Lead/Quality positions as needed
- Other duties as it relates to operations.
- Technical or Business Admin Degree and 3 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of safety and quality programs
- Knowledge of light manufacturing operations
- Ability to read and follow technical drawings and instructions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective at multitasking and the ability to deliver quality results on time.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in lighting fixture manufacture or other closely related products.
The working environment is clean and well-lit with office space available at our corporate (Brookfield, WI) facility. This individual will receive a telephone, headset, and computer. High percentage of time during first 3-6 months will be development of customers for specialized markets.
Optec LED Lighting is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.