Assembly Technician (1st Shift)
Optec Lighting is looking for higher level electrical/mechanical assembly technician that will focus on complicated assembly and testing products. As an Assembly Technician you will assemble and test products at various stages in the manufacturing process and in accordance with job specifications.
This is a permanent 1st shift position, Monday – Friday from 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m. with overtime potential.
If interested, please read more below and/or contact Lisa Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for assembling a variety of products and sub-assemblies accurately
• Test completed product to ensure quality and customer satisfaction
• Package completed products to prepare for shipment or storage
• Process RMAs
• Assist engineering with sample builds and testing
• Highschool diploma and 3 years of related work experience – using power tools and electrical/mechanical assembly.
• Ability to read and follow technical drawings and instructions.
• Requires good manual dexterity
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Moderate electrical wiring skills
• Effective at multitasking and the ability to deliver quality results on time.
• Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge and experience in lighting fixture manufacture or other closely related products.
Ability to stand and sit for 8 hours or more per day. Ability to lift 25-50 pounds frequently. Ability to walk on a constant basis. Ability to sit, kneel, climb, squat, bend and twist. Ability to read, write, count, and perform basic math. Ability to learn to operate hand and pneumatic assembly tools. Ability to read and understand a production work order. Able to learn to accurately assemble, code, test, label, and pack product.
Optec LED Lighting is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OPTEC LED Lighting
13040 West Lisbon Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
Subscribe and follow us on YouTube for ongoing updates.